Friday, April 19, 2013

H is for Happiness

"People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be." -Abraham Lincoln
"Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

I decided that it is my job to make myself happy; nobody can do it for me. Happiness is all about attitude, and mine needed improvement. Actually, it still does. As with many things, my pursuit of happiness is a work-in-progress. One of the things I am trying is affirmation. I've put sticky notes in places I'll see (on my bathroom mirror and near my computer) saying, "I think positive and loving thoughts and enjoy a happy, optimistic mood." I've also been attempting more positive thinking, which is easier said than done. My goal in every situation is to look at the bright side, but if that's too hard, I just try to calm down and not make it worse. I'm not always happy, and I'm certainly not the happiest person alive, but thinking positively has made me happier, and I'm hoping it will continue to.

No comments:

Post a Comment