Thursday, March 14, 2013

Does it make me a bad Pagan?


In my home, trespassing is punishable by death... if you're a bug, that is. To clarify, by "bug" I don't necessarily mean insect. I mean any small creepy crawly or flying thing that bugs me. Spiders are bugs; butterflies are not. Back to the point, I will squish most bugs, certainly spiders, crickets, and ants, simply for being in my home, without remorse. Does that make me a bad Pagan?
Also, shouldn't I enjoy the sunlight? I mean, I'm supposed to, right? Well, I don't. I can certainly appreciate the sun from a logical standpoint, for what it does for life on Earth, and I am thankful for the warmth it provides, but I can't seem to really like it on an emotional level. It's too bright, it hurts my skin, it gets too hot in the summer, causes glare, sunburn, I could go on. I'd be happy living a completely nocturnal life, never seeing the sun, if it weren't for the fact that everyone else operates during the day. Does that make me a bad Pagan?
Another confession: I'm not much of an animal person. Sure, I think baby animals are cute, and I admire some animals for their behavior and/or beauty, but I'm not really much for taking care of them, or even being around them much. I've had a few pets, currently one cat (Rain), and I did and will take care of them, but I really leave a lot of that to my husband. I feel guilty that I don't play with Rain more, but she seems happy. I could certainly never see myself working with animals, whether volunteering or as a career. I used to think I might like working with horses, but that thought didn't last long. Does that make me a bad Pagan?
I'm also very picky about when I like being outdoors. I don't like the cold, or the heat, or the sunlight, or getting rained on, or bugs, or getting dirty... but otherwise I love the outdoors! Does that make me a bad Pagan?
My list of faults could go on, but I really don't think any of them make me a bad Pagan. I think none of us are perfect, we are all different and unique, and that's the way Goddess made us!

No comments:

Post a Comment